Hawaii Health Partners is the state’s first physician-led Accountable Care Organization (ACO) with the goal of transforming health care in Hawai‘i by focusing on and advocating for value-based care. Our goal is to improve health care quality, efficiency, enhance patient experience, and reduce the overall total cost of care.
A subsidiary of Hawaii Pacific Health, we share the mission of creating a healthier Hawaii. Our focus at HHP is the integration and alignment of a high-performing network of physicians, facilities, and hospitals to deliver high-quality, appropriate, team-based, integrated care.
Our physician members succeed in their practice of value-based care through self-determination. We support our members by:
- Developing opportunities and creating channels for provider connection, collaboration and leadership.
- Advocating and expanding initiatives to enhance physician wellbeing.
- Enabling access to integrated technology.
- Providing programs and infrastructure for efficient, appropriate care.
- Facilitate the delivery of high-quality care and optimal health to the communities we serve while bringing increased efficiency to health care in Hawaii.
- Develop a physician-led entity that promotes the five pillars of clinical integration: physician engagement, HHP Care Model, analytics and IT capabilities, payer alignment, and a comprehensive network.
- Develop a mutually beneficial partnership between Hawaii Pacific Health and physicians, with a commitment to quality and cross-specialty collaboration within the clinical community.
- Develop and/or adopt clinical protocols that are grounded in evidence-based medicine.
- Improve access and care coordination for the communities we serve.
- Create an environment where care is delivered more efficiently and effectively, thereby positively impacting the cost of health care.
- Improve care for patients through physician adoption of value-based care.
- Provide value-based programs that engage and recognize physicians who deliver high-quality care and improve patient health outcomes
- Provide services that support physicians in delivering high-quality care and achieving improved patient health outcomes
2018 Cancer Screening
Hawaiian Language Display
Hawaii Pacific Health and its member hospitals honor the Hawaiian language and its use of diacritical marks, the glottal stop and the macron (okina and kahako). While we use these marks in our communication materials, we have omitted them in our online platforms as they are often limited in their ability to display these marks.
To determine when diacritical marks should be used, refer to Hawaiian Dictionary and Place Names of Hawaii, published by UH Press.